Welcome to Mainstreet Piqua!
Making Community Happen.
- Unity Bank Donates to Downtown Light Campaign October 14, 2019
- Harvest Days comes to downtown Piqua on Sat, Oct. 19 October 10, 2019
- Farmers Market to host Apple Pie Baking Contest September 13, 2019
- Winners of Duck Drop Announced August 30, 2019
- Mainstreet Piqua Plans Chocolate Walk August 30, 2019
- 1515.September.SundayNo events
- 1616.September.MondayNo events
- 1717.September.TuesdayNo events
- 1818.September.WednesdayNo events
Apple Pie Baking Contest at the Piqua Community Farmers MarketHigh St, Piqua, OH 45356, USAhttps://mainstreetpiqua.com/event/apple-pie-baking-contest-at-the-piqua-community-farmers-market/High St, Piqua, OH 45356, USA
Nothing says fall like a delicious apple pie and this popular Piqua Farmers Market season-ending contest is always a good one! Bring your favorite pie and prepare for stiff competition! Details on the contest can be found on the Piqua Farmers Market website at www.piquafarmersmarket.com. Click on the Special Events tab.
- 2020.September.FridayNo events
The Victory Heights and Clark Avenue Tourhttps://mainstreetpiqua.com/event/the-fine-art-of-dying-iii-2-2/
Victory Heights was a World War II housing complex and Clark Avenue holds many additional homes from that era. From brick bungalows built into the hill to the addition of asbestos and cement shingling (Glatex), the war made a huge impact on Clark Avenue housing. At the bottom of the hill, war industries such as the Wood Shovel & Tool Company and the Meteor Motor Car Company provided full employment to Clark Avenue residents who had just recently been suffering through the Great Depression.
The tour begins at the Pitsenbarger Statue off of McKinley Avenue.
This walking tour is a ticketed event. Please stop by the Mainstreet Piqua office at 326 N. Main Street to pick up your ticket. Tickets are $5 per person. Call 773-9355 if you have any questions.