Welcome to Mainstreet Piqua!
The Heart of the Community
- Business Basics: Financing your Small Business Venture April 21, 2017
- Spring in Piqua: A Photo Gallery April 20, 2017
- Historical Walking Tours of Piqua offered March 29, 2017
- Farmers Market Hosts Open House March 27, 2017
- Blast From Piqua’s Past: The Great 1913 Flood March 24, 2017
No additional detail for this event.
Jewish Cemetery & Hollow Park Walking Tour
941 Scott Dr, Piqua, OH 45356, USA941 Scott Dr, Piqua, OH 45356, USA
The walking tour will explore the Hollow Park area and go into the history of the naturally spring fed Hollow Park swimming area and how the construction of Interstate 75 impacted the area. The tour will include discussion of the park as it is today. The tour will also visit the historic Jewish Cemetery site in the area. This tour will include a strenuous walk up the hill of the cemetery.
Tickets are available for the tours at $5.00 each and may be purchased at the Mainstreet Piqua office at 326 North Main. The tours will be led by Piqua historian Jim Oda & Johnston Farm & Indian Agency director Andy Hite. This project is sponsored by the Piqua Tourism Council with additional assistance from Mainstreet Piqua and the Piqua Public Library.