Welcome to Mainstreet Piqua!
Making Community Happen.
- Unity Bank Donates to Downtown Light Campaign October 14, 2019
- Harvest Days comes to downtown Piqua on Sat, Oct. 19 October 10, 2019
- Farmers Market to host Apple Pie Baking Contest September 13, 2019
- Winners of Duck Drop Announced August 30, 2019
- Mainstreet Piqua Plans Chocolate Walk August 30, 2019
- 1212.May.SundayNo events
- 1313.May.MondayNo events
- 1414.May.TuesdayNo events
- 1515.May.WednesdayNo events
- 1616.May.ThursdayNo events
- 1717.May.FridayNo events
The East Piqua II Tour125 E Water St, Piqua, OH 45356, USAhttps://mainstreetpiqua.com/event/the-fine-art-of-dying-iii-2-2-2/125 E Water St, Piqua, OH 45356, USA
East Piqua was one of the earliest areas of Piqua to be developed. Job Gard built a log lean-to cabin prior to 1800 making it Piqua’s first European-American home. With the coming of the Miami Canal in 1837, the area grew in size and complexity. Churches and mills were located next to simple brick and frame homes that soon competed with large Federal and Greek Revival style structures. Brick yards became baseball diamonds and mill races became streets. This tour will pass some of Piqua’s earliest homes.
The tour begins at Lock Nine Park on East Water Street.
This walking tour is a ticketed event. Please stop by the Mainstreet Piqua office at 326 N. Main Street to pick up your ticket. Tickets are $5 per person. Call 773-9355 if you have any questions.